Boys Varsity Track & Field
Workouts Today (2/2) are canceled and will be held tomorrow (2/3)
Welcome Parents and Student-Athletes to the Truman Track & Field Program! The following is important information regarding pre-season workouts and the track program.
- Workouts will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Jan. 17 – March 2.
- We will usually be in the weight room, but we’ll be occasionally running outside. Always be prepared to practice outside.
- Workouts will be from 2:45-5:00 and we will always meet in G3 before workouts.
- Pre-Season workouts are not mandatory, but participation will help you be prepared for the season.
- Athletes will change in the team locker rooms next to the Gym.
Things to Know
- 1st Practice is March 6th
- Physicals : Wednesday March 1st and March 8th after school
- Impact Testing: Tuesday Feb 21st and Thursday March 2nd
Track is a Team Sport – made up of Student-Athletes scoring points in individual events – to help the TEAM win. With that said, we need more athletes in the Track Program in order to be a successful program. Track is more than just running! There’s pole vault, throwing, jumping, and hurdle events! If you know anyone that is interested in any of these events please recruit them. Track is a team effort and it is much more enjoyable when you have a group of friend who are competing with and pushing you. So PLEASE, PLEASE Recruit people into the TRACK PROGRAM.
Looking forward to a great season,
Boy’s Head Coach